Pest Xpress Logo.

Local: 705-772-4539

Toll Free: 1-844-710-7378

Fleas

Types of Fleas.

There are several species of fleas in Canada, most animals can have them. But it is cat and dog fleas that cause the most problems for homeowners.

 

Proactive Control

The best way to prevent fleas in the home is through proactive controls. Keeping your cat and dog indoors. inspecting your pets regularly. Washing their bedding every 3-4 weeks. Using flea collars for your pet.

Management System

It is important to note that in a flea infestation the live fleas that are jumping on and biting you represent only 5% of the population. The other 95% are present as eggs.

When you suspect you have a flea problem it is important to first contact a pest control professional. Do not try to deal with the problem  yourself. Domestic rated products cannot kill flea eggs and leave no residual behind to kill them once they hatch. Usually one treatment is enough to eliminate fleas but it may require two treatments 3 weeks apart. Treatments involve perimeter and space sprays of your home. On the day of treatment you will need to vacate the premises and have your pet treated for fleas, as well as launder all animal bedding.

 

 

More Resources:

Link to more information on fleas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flea

Link to Canadian government information on fleas: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/pest-control-tips/fleas.html

 

Preparation Guide for Flea Treatments

 

For more information about our flea solutions, or to schedule a peace of mind inspection for your home, contact Pest Xpress.

 

© 2018 Pest Xpress Pest Control Services . All Rights Reserved. Privacy | Legal Disclaimer

We Accept major credit cards, cash, cheque and e-transfer.

Pest Xpress Pest Control Services. Personal Service. Professional Results. Serving Southern Ontario. Locally owned an operated, Call us today for all your pest control needs. Pest Xpress

uses unmarked vehicles for your discretion.

Contact US

Pest Xpress. Image of Pest Xpress service van.

Pest Xpress is a proud member of the Trent Hills Chamber of Commerce.